So what is making music without music gear? As far as I know it’s pretty hard. So this time we will take a look at the gear that I have available to use, from instruments to microphones and even software. I’ll create separate pages to summarize all the gear and I will possibly even review or explain them in separate posts.
So let’s have a look at the available gear.
So far I have collected a few instruments on my own and have some instruments from family. When buying an instrument I always try to carefully investigate and select the appropriate instrument withing my budget. Slowly I hope to expand the collection to create a home studio with everything a musician would like to have. Within reason of course 😉
- Bass guitar: Ibanez SR300
- MIDI keyboard: M-Audio Keystation 88es
- Electric acoustic guitar: Charvel 625D TTSB – Not my own
- Bass guitar: Dean, model unknown, but it looks like an Edge 09 – Not my own
Other instruments are:
- Clarke Tin Whistle (D tuning)
- Menil Shaker SH4BK
And then we also have the recording and studio gear to actually record music. So far I have the minimum required items to do something and we will see what we need from here.
- Audio Interface: M-Audio Fast Track Pro
- Speakers: Philips MFB (Motional Feedback) 541
- MXL 550 (condenser)
- MXL 551 (condenser)
- Software: Cubase Elements 8
Apart from the instruments and studio gear, we have the cables, stands, etc. But I will leave out that detail for now.